Native drinking: Finger Lime & Elderflower Gin Fizz
With thanks to Morsels and Musings, we will be celebrating with the native drink at the Bondi Wash team Christmas party tonight.
Finger Lime & Elderflower Gin Fizz
2 parts gin
1 part finger lime syrup (see below) or 1/2 part lime juice and 1/2 part lime cordial
½ part elderflower syrup
1 tablespoon finger lime caviar
Soda water - 7 parts
1. Fill a shaker with ice, then add the gin, finger lime syrup, elderflower syrup and finger lime caviar. Shake it like a polaroid picture.
2. Pour into an ice filled tumbler, top with soda water.
3. Stir and serve WITH A STRAW so the finger lime which settle on the bottom are part of the drinking experience.
Finger Lime Syrup
Makes approx. 350ml.
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
¼ cup finger lime caviar (approx. 4 large limes)
1. Bring the sugar, lime caviar and water to the boil, then stir to dissolve all sugar.
2. Reduce to a simmer and bubble away for around 5-10 minutes until reduced to your preferred thickness.
3. Remove from heat, bring to room temperature and then chill.
Note: Use as a cordial with soda, in a cocktail or drizzled over yoghurt or ice cream.