NATIVE EATING: LEMON MYRTLE CAULIFLOWER
70 grams roasted macadamia nuts
2 tbs red wine vinegar
1tsp dried lemon myrtle
½ bunch parsley roughly chopped
2 long red chillies diced, and seeds removed
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp salt
3 turns black pepper
40ml macadamia oil (or olive oil)
1 long red chilli, de-seeded and diced up
Dusting lemon myrtle powder
- Preheat oven to 200C degrees.
- Boil a pot of salted water and place the cauliflower in. Cook for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Once done, transfer the cauli to a baking tray and place in the oven. Cook for 25 minutes or until crispy, golden and looking delicious.
- In the meantime, in a blender or mortar and pestle add the macadamias and blend till crumbly. Take out 2 tablespoons worth and place in a bowl for later.
- Add in the red wine, parsley, lemon myrtle powder, long red chilli, garlic, salt and pepper and blend or grind to a rough paste. Pour into a bowl and add the oil, mixing everything together.
- Take the cauliflower out of the oven, and let rest briefly.
- On a serving plate, spoon the lemon myrtle chimichurri and place the warm cauliflower on top. Sprinkle over fresh chilli, leftover macadamias and a dust of lemon myrtle powder.