WHY OUR WASHES ARE DIFFERENT
At Bondi Wash we get questions about why our Hand Wash and Body Wash have a different consistency and feel to many others out there.
Here is what you don’t find in our Hand Wash and Body Wash and why:
1. Sulphates – including Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), Ammonium Lauryl Sulphate, Sodium Laureth Sulphate, Sodium Coco Sulphate, synthetically-derived chemicals and known irritants. Our surfactants (the soap component) are all completely derived from plants.
2. Synthetic fragrance – most companies use synthetic fragrance in their products. It is cheaper and easier. The problem is we don’t know exactly what is contained within them. The actual ingredients don’t have to be listed on the bottle – just the word ‘fragrance’. We do know that people are reacting to them – headaches, irritation, nausea and more. We only use 100% pure essential oils, derived from plants.
3. Coco-betaine – many natural brands include this one and claim ‘plant-based’. This is only partially derived from coconuts – but also derived from synthetic chemicals. We chose not to include it for this reason.
4. Phenoxyethanol – a non-paraben preservative that you will see in many products. Known to cause skin irritation, respiratory infections, dermatitis and possibly cancer. We use non-paraben preservatives that are food-grade (you can eat them) and very gentle.
5. Methylisothiazolinone – another non-paraben preservative used widely these days causing increasing reactions including skin burns. Countries are now starting to ban its use but it remains one of the most widely used preservatives, even in products like baby wipes and seemingly natural hand and body washes.
5. Synthetic thickeners – our washes have loads of bubbles when freshly made or shaken due to the natural thickeners. They also produce a runnier consistency.
Always feel free to get in touch with any questions or comments about our products. We love hearing from you….. firstname.lastname@example.org